Well now that I have everything set and leveled, tanks are painted and looking good. Now I’m ready to start plumbing it all up.
You can see in one place I used UniSeals. From the fish tank to the sump I’m running hard PVC. And from the sump to the grow beds and back to the fish tank off the pump I’m running flexible PVC.
I learned that this flexible PVC is a pain to work with. I was using barbed connectors to get it all set up. A lot of it had the quick disconnects on the grow beds for easy to take apart later. But what I learned was that I’m not sure all that was worth the headache. Putting those pieces was very hard. I used a hair dryer to soften up the flexible PVC and that helped some, but in the future I think I’ll just run all hard PVC. In areas I need to take it a part they have fittings to do that pretty easily.
The bell siphons I had a little trouble with but then I started really thinking it through and they were very easy. I’ll go over some of that information in the next post.
Leave a Reply